Monday, April 2, 2012

Today is my mother-in-law's birthday. She would have been 75. This is the second birthday she has been gone. Today I remembered the two birthdays she spent here in San Angelo. I had so much fun celebrating with her.

Well, today she got the perfect present. Her grandson, Cody, promoted to Major in the Civil Air Patrol. She lived here when he first promoted to officer (2nd Lt.). She was so proud of him. So proud, that, she took his certificate and had it framed. He has had two more promotions since then. I didn't realize til just a few minutes ago how special this is. Normally he would have had the promotion last week but, Cody received an award from the All Veterans Council two weeks ago. So we pushed everything back a week. Which brings us to today. Cody received his promotion on his Grannie's birthday. That was no accident. So proud of him.

And even though I am in tears right now, I am so blessed. Proud of my boy and remembering how proud his Grannie was of him.

God says in Jeremiah 29:11 that HE has great plans for us. I believe it and I am so thankful for times like today where HE says, "see, look how much I love you!"

I AM BLESSED!


No comments: